Bubble and Locks: Analysis:
· According to our analysis 6 spots remain for bubble teams. No more spoilers left.
· We think Miss St is a lock. We think Gonzaga is getting a bid.
· Pac-10 gets 3 teams. We would really be surprised if they don't. Yeah, Arizona State doesn't quite stack up on RPI/rankings but 3 for the Pac-10, that's our call.
· Our bias is kind of obviously toward stretching out the representation.
· We bold the 5 teams on the bubble we think might make it. One more?
· As we see it, it is Witchita St vs Notre Dame vs Wake Forest. For the last 2 spots. Maybe all 3 of those if we are wrong on Ariz St. UTEP, Utah St, and Gonzaga are other smaller schools in which the committee could dump and go with a marquee school, like even get Oklahoma St in (or Illinois or Florida). We think Gonzaga is in and the conferences above them should each get 2+ teams. That means Witchita St is in by us.
· #1 Seeds: Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, West Virginia. Have to give the Big East a #1 seed. Mountaineers earned it.
· Disagree with anything? Email us at: email@example.com. Thank you.
Copyright Fanbay.net Sports 2008